Sense of Guilt: Lucy Kellaway

I used to listen to music all the time on my Ipod, but for about a year now I focus mainly on podcasts. I primarily listen to American based news broadcasts so that I can get a different sense of the true news. I find that although the information content in the European news broadcasts is identical to what I hear in the US broadcasts, the "spin" makes the perceived news much different. Anyway, that's a story for a different writing.
One of the podcasts I also listen to is Lucy Kelleway's broadcast of her regular column. Apart from the fact that her British accent is clear and attractive, her column is almost always dead right. It usually goes directly to the heart of a matter and is refreshingly honest. I definitely can recommend it.
The article this week (Feb. 9) is another very good comment and dissection of our modern life. It speaks to the ramifications of working parents on their children. Here is a link to the article, but listening to Lucy in the podcast (here) is even more interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts