Colgone to Worms

Colognes to Worms witha bikeThis summer our family had a slightly different vacation. Instead of expensive plane tickets and exotic getaways, we did a family bike tour. We used the plane ticket money and bought everyone a decent bike, and then rode along the Rhine river from Hohkeppel to Worms Germany. Now, we did have to convince (force :)) the kids to play along. But, after the first day they were proud of their kilometer accomplishments, and were enjoying themselves. I must say that when my wife suggested this holiday I was not enthusiastic about it. After the second day I was completely with the program. We were able to spend concentrated together as family and it was very relaxing. I can certainly recommend something like this for anyone. Even our 10 year old was able to cope with the trip. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that after we returned back home (via train), I did the same router again on my own, this time in two days! It was one of those things that you do not want to repeat regularly, but was proud that I completed it. At the end of the first day I was completely drained of all energy. Can't remember when I was so tired. At the end of the second day, and the rip, the beer tasted fantastic! Below a link showing vital stats of the trip!

Comments

Popular Posts