Last picture of year

Another year almost gone by. All going by so quickly as usual. But this year perhaps even more quickly.
Lots of things happening, both personally and professionally.
Work has been incredibly busy, and every time we think that our project is about to die due to costs, technical issues or something else, we find a way through the problems. I guess that's called perseverance? But, I must say that it's been very hard work. Not sure I've ever worked so hard during my time at Ford. I hope that we all can keep this pace going long enough without burning out. But, most importantly it's all mostly fun still, and if (when :-) ) we achieve our goals with this project we'll have done something that has not been done before!
Privately things are a bit mixed. Most importantly everyone is physically healthy. When it comes down to the things that is always the most important thing. I learned that lesson again this year during a short hospital stay. Nothing serious (appendix) but I did see people with lots worse, reminding me again how important health really is, and that we take it all far too much for granted.
I am a bit worried about one of my daughters. I think fundamentally she is trying to find "her way", but is struggling. Although I'm not sure yet, I think her friends might not be doing her any favors. I guess you might call it a bit of the wrong influence. I keep hoping that it's all part of the adolescence growing pains, and that she'll soon grow out of this difficult phase. But I'm worried. I wish I could find a way to convince her how special she is, and that she can have full confidence to achieve anything she wants. I'll keep trying.
Ok, enough said. Now off to some well deserved days off, some skiing, some house chores that have suffered due to work, and some sports.
To sum it all up: I can be thankful for what I have. But, me being me I know I can achieve more, and But, me being me I know I can achieve more, and as always that dampens my level of satisfaction

Comments

Popular Posts